Webber Lake is the headwaters of the Little Truckee River, the largest single tributary of the Truckee River, and critical habitat for a number of threatened or endangered species. It is also a landscape rich in history.
In October 2012, the Truckee Donner Land Trust acquired the 3,000 acre property from its longtime owners, Clif and Barbara Johnson. Webber Lake had been in the Johnson Family since the 1870s. Until the Land Trust’s acquisition, the property had been closed to the public for close to one hundred years. The property consists of Webber Lake and two large meadows, Lower Lacey Meadow and Upper Lacey Meadow. Lacey Creek meanders through both meadows and feeds Webber Lake. Dr. David Webber’s hotel, built in 1860, is the last standing stagecoach hotel (out of about 30) on the historic Henness Pass Road.
- Electric Hookups
- Sewer Hookups
- Pet Friendly
From Hwy 89, about 17 miles north of Truckee, take Jackson Meadows Road west about 8 miles to the sign for Webber Lake. Turn left and proceed down a dirt road for about a quarter mile. At a closed gate, the road forks to the right and in about another quarter of a mile is a dirt road to the left and a sign pointing to the TDLT Lacey Meadows parking area. Follow this road for about 0.6 mile to the parking area, interpretive kiosks, and maps of the area.