Snug Harbor is one of the few truly waterfront or riverfront parks in the amazing Sacramento River Delta area of Northern California, near the smaller Delta towns of Rio Vista, Walnut Grove, Isleton, Locke, and of course, the largest city is Sacramento which is 36 miles northeast of us. It is also a 15 minute drive from the Delta wine tasting region in Clarksburg, or 25 minutes from the Lodi wine tasting region or 60 minutes from the Napa Valley region!
One of the unique things about this area of the Delta is that you can still ride a car ferry to and from Ryer Island. How many Californian's can say they have driven their car on a ferry?! Or for those who have an RV or don't want to venture onto a ferry, you can use the bridge route to Snug Harbor and Ryer Island.
Snug Harbor has a unique history, for those of you who like to read about California life in the "old days". A new interactive timeline has been created to document the history of the property from 1850 to current day. You can click on the words to go to maps or graphics regarding the particular point in Snug Harbor history.
Antebellum homes, quaint river towns, scenic waterways, interesting museums, and historic locations and quiet hide-aways beckon you to explore this unique area of California called "The Delta." This region consists of the lands and waterways between the San Francisco Bay and the Sierra Mountains. There are over 1,000 miles of waterways to explore, and even more miles of "asphalt sloughs" to use to sample the delights of the Delta. There are 52 large islands, all connected by bridges and ferries. And uncountable small islands which make great mooring hide-aways. By land or by water, you will enjoy your visit and leave with a greater understanding of the remarkable worth and beauty of the entire California Delta Region.
Snug Harbor offers the following unique amenities on an island setting in the beautiful Historic Region of the California Delta:
- Waterfront rental cabins we call "Snuggle Inns" that make the perfect get-away setting for family reunions, small business retreats and even small weddings! 2007 update: several brand new very nice manufactured homes have been installed waterfront looking onto Steamboat Slough, by the sandy swim beach. Steamboat Slough in the Delta-Snug Harbor Docks
- Waterfront leased lots for Park Model Vacation Home or regular RV use *Several sites available
- Waterfront & water view RV sites with water & electric hook-ups-available for stays of 2 nights or longer
- Covered berth marina to 50' for all types of vessels
- Open berths and side ties to 60' for powerboats, sailboats and houseboats
Plan to stay for a day, a week or a month! For more information visit SnugHarbor.net>